What is a Class III or NFA item?
A Class III/NFA item is a firearm or firearm accessory that is regulated by the ATF in accordance with the National Firearms Act of 1986. These items include Full Auto machine guns, silencers, short barrel rifles and shotguns, etc.
Can I own a Class III item?
Many people have the misconception that these items are illegal! If you meet the criteria to own a regular firearm, chances are you are allowed to own a Class III item in the State of Florida. The process is quite simple actually. See below for more information and then come into the shop to begin the process!!
The Armories is proud to carry the products of the fine brands listed below along with many others. If there is a particular item you are looking for that we do not have in stock we will be happy to order it for you!
NFA / Class III Purchase Process:
1. DECIDE WHAT TYPE OF NFA / CLASS III ITEM YOU WISH TO PURCHASE? E.G. PRE 86 TRANSFERABLE MACHINE-GUN, SBR (SHORT BARREL RIFLE), SBS (SHORT BARREL SHOTGUN), SUPPRESSOR (SILENCER) OR AOW (ANY OTHER WEAPON) AND PAY FOR THE ITEM.
2. COMPLETE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. ALL OF THESE STEPS CAN BE COMPLETED AT ANY ARMORIES LOCATION.
- Complete BATFE FORM 4 (5320.4).
- Acquire 2x Passport Photos.
- Photocopy the Form 4 with the Passport Photo attached.
- Complete 2x FBI FORM FD-258's.
- Identify CLEO and request signoff on FORM 4.
- Submit $200 BATFE check.
3. WE WILL SEND A COPY OF YOUR PAPERWORK AND CHECK OR MONEY ORDER FOR THE SUM OF $200 (OR $5 DEPENDING ON TYPE OF ITEM) TO THE BATF NFA BRANCH.
THIS PROCESS IS THE TIME CONSUMING PART OF AN NFA PURCHASE). YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO WAIT A MINIMUM OF THREE MONTHS. THE ARMORIES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING TIME PERIODS. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
4. ONCE THE FORM 4 HAS BEEN APPROVED AND THE ARMORIES RECEIVES IT WE WILL CONTACT THE CUSTOMER TO ARRANGE TRANSFER OF THE ITEM. THE CUSTOMER WILL THEN FILL OUT A BATF FORM 4473 AND THE NFA ITEM WILL BE TRANSFERRED AND THE CUSTOMER CAN NOW TAKE POSSESSION OF THE ITEM.
IN ALL CASES A 50% RESTOCKING FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL NON- APPROVALS.
THE ARMORIES CHARGES A NON- REFUNDABLE $200 TRANSFER FEE FOR ALL NFA ITEMS NOT PURCHASED FROM US.